Navigating Thanksgiving with Engaging and Meaningful Teaching
Yes, you really can enjoy the fun of Thanksgiving and keep the learning on track.
As we head into the season of fast and furious holidays, it's hard to hang onto routines and productivity. Keep your students focused and engaged by incorporating the fun in meaningful ways.
My Thanksgiving favorites for engaging, meaningful teaching:
- Scholastic's First Thanksgiving Virtual Field Trip (Use primary sources, listen to stories, explore the Mayflower and lots more!) Grades K-5
- Plimoth Plantation's You are the Historian (Explore what really happened, hear from both sides and make your case.) Grades 3-5
- Hubbard's Cupboard has some easy free Thanksgiving lesson ideas and printable beginning readers, Get them here. Grades K-2
- The Mini Page First Thanksgiving Edition. Grades 2-5
- Here's a few books to share as well.
May you have a happy Thanksgiving and a chance to rest and recharge.